Sunday, June 24, 2007

What the heck is "Cornhole"?

Today, while walking through a flea market, I noticed there were several booths that contained large handmade signs advertising one word... "CORNHOLE"!!! Now, these signs got my attention, and after several minutes of careful observation, I was able to surmised that "Cornhole" is some sort of a game that requires one to throw a beanbag through a hole in a sheet of plywood. Maybe it's a bag filled with corn that is thrown through the hole in a sheet of plywood- but I'm just guessing here.

I'm not really sure how this game is played or scored, or if this game requires any special talents or skills. And, apparently, one can purchase specially made Cornhole beanbags (they came in various sizes and colors- some in the colors of favorite sport teams), along with specially made Cornhole sheets of plywood (which looked to me like a regular sheet of plywood with a hole cut into it).

Anyway, this Cornhole game appears to be very popular (as demonstrated by the large crowds of people gathered in and around these booths).

.... Cornhole? ....Anyone?

2 comments:

Mark D. said...

Yankee people are weird :-)

Unknown said...

Oh god.. Cornhole... :::shakes head::: One of my good friends who grew up in Georgia married a woman from the midwest and now she goes on and on about how much fun Cornhole is. I've yet to try it. It just sounds obscene, you know?

You're smack dab in Cornhole Country.

~Kat
(known as Anna for some reason on Blogger)