Thursday, June 7, 2007

Caesar's Creek Trail, part deux


When we first got up here, we had ventured out to Caesars Creek to check out the trail. OMG!!! The section of the trail we decided to ride was crazy! It went straight up and straight down one ravine after another, and had serious erosion problems! After about a half mile, I had given up and returned to the truck- vowing never to return.

Well, yesterday Pops decided to take the weed-wacker out to CC and do some trail maintenance. I decide to help, although I was not real enthusiastic about working on a trail I couldn't ride. To my surprise, we went to a different section! After walking the new (to me) section (and lopping about 10 million honeysuckle vines) I thought I might be able to ride this section.

This evening, Pops wanted to weed-wack some more of the trail, so I took my bike out there to check it out. It was not too bad! The trail reminded me of the Heritage trail, except that it was narrow, and it mostly skirted along the edge of several ravines. In some places, the trail was extremely close to the edge of some very steep drops.

The trail itself was in pretty good shape - not too much erosion and just a couple of areas where the weeds were out of control. This section turned out to be only 3.5 miles long but it actually had several good climbs and several steep descents, but nothing too scary. Humm- I may have to ride it again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're turning into a biking machine, Angie.