Friday, June 15, 2007

Bustin' my butt-- at home

Sooo... last Tuesday, I went for another ride at Caesar's Creek. Since I was riding by myself, (Pop's was there, but he was wackin' weeds again) I thought I would play it safe and just take it easy. Everything went great-- no crashes, and I made a couple climbs that I didn't make the ride before! So, after the ride, I felt pretty jazzed!

Once home, while getting into the shower, I decided I would "just go ahead and change that shower curtain, while I was thinking about it". Well, as they say, most accidents occur in the home. Since I was a little tired from riding (or just lazy), I didn't feel like reaching over my head to change the curtain. So, I "nimbly" climbed up on the side of the tub (do you see where this is going?) and proceeded to take down the old curtain. "Great! The old curtain is down, now to get that new curtain that is laying on the bathroom sink."

As I was stepping down from my precarious perch, I wasn't paying attention to where I was placing my foot, and stepped on the corner of our bathroom scale. This badly placed step caused the scale to immediately flip up and out from under me. This triggered me to fall back against the wall and (somehow) to step on the flipped up scale with my other foot. I managed to regain my balance before totally falling out, but I made one hell of a racket. (Now, remember how I said that I was "getting into the shower" - so I pulled off this graceful stunt- yep, you guessed it!) Oh, that just had to be QUITE A SITE!!! Good grief!!!

Anyway, I guess I came out pretty lucky! I just got a big bruise on the bottom of my foot, which makes walking "quite noticeable". I really would have hated to end up sprawled out on the floor, or worst, be knocked out and have the Rescue Squad come scrap me up.

So anyway, this little episode has just reinforced my opinion that ... Housework is definitely more hazardous than riding a mountain bike at Caesars Creek!!!

No comments: