Saturday, June 2, 2007

Ain't nuthin' a little Duct Tape can't fix!

Yes, I was a BLONDE today!! 40 minutes from home and I realize I brought the wrong shoes!!! For some reason, I grabbed my road bike shoes(for Speedplay Zero's)and the tandem has Speedplay Frog Pedals. OH CRAP!!! Needless to say- this pedal/ shoe combination will not be very compatible!

While riding up to the start, GofastPops recommended we just tape me to the bike. Now, that's when the blonde light bulb came on!!! As anyone from Georgia knows-- duct tape can fix anything!!! The race was starting right in front of the Casstown Fire Dept.- so I thought- "Hey, a fire department would have some duct tape!!!" So, I ran in and asked a couple of firemen if they could hook me up. Hallelujah! They had some tape and were gracious enough to loan me a couple of long strips! So, while sitting at the starting line, counting down the seconds to our start time, I was taping my shoes to the pedals!!! Also, about this time, I realized that I was wearing my heartrate monitor strap, but didn't have the monitor. Oh, good grief, this is going to be a wild ride! I guess at this point, I was just lucky to be on the bike!

But, even after all of that, we manged to pull off a first place finish... Duct tape and all!!!

Whoo-hoo!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You're certainly becoming one hell of a racer, Angie. Can't wait to hear about your continuing adventures!

Mark D. said...

man those folks up there must be slow ;-)