Monday, July 16, 2007

Paint Creek 6 hr "Race"




I was the only rider to sign up for the Womens Solo category- but that's okay- I really wasn't out there "to race". My focus was to gain experience in a race environment, increase my endurance, and improve my bike skills.

My plan was to take it easy, keep my heart rate under control and try and keep a steady pace. I started at the back of the pack and let the "racers" take off. I stuck to my plan so it took me almost 2 hours (1:59:50- according to my bike computer) to complete my first lap (12 miles). During that time, I didn't see another rider until I was almost to the finish.

The course was not hard technically, just exhausting. Riding on so much grass just wore me out. After my one lap, I bailed. I was "whooped" and there was no sense in pushing it and risking an injury.

Next race-- Colavita TT on the 28th.

No comments: