Saturday, July 28, 2007

Colavita TT (July)

A cool and foggy race day....in July?!?



Last months time to beat was 44:30 - Today, I did it in 44:10...what a surprise!!

The fact that I was able to beat last months time really surprised me considering my right cleat would not clip-in for the entire race! About 10 minutes before my start time, I decided I needed a "nature break". Since, our starting location does not provide water or restroom, I had no choice but to visit a cornfield. Because it has rained here (pretty much) all last week, the cornfield was very muddy and my cleats got completed packed with mud and small pebbles. I thought I had cleaned them out with some of our drinking water before heading to the start, but there must has been some lingering mud lodged in them. After starting, the left shoe clipped-in (after somewhat of a struggle) but the right shoe stubbornly refused. I piddled around for about the first 3 miles trying to get clipped-in (while trying to ride), but no luck. At that point, feeling totally frustrated, I thought about abandoning the race, but then I thought "it doesn't really matter- just ride the course".

Other than my shoe issues, I felt pretty good during the race- I guess that Cytomax really works! I worked hard and tried to keep my heart-rate at about 162.

And, got some bad hair to prove it!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Pretty damn impressive you are. :0)

~Kat