Sunday, January 6, 2008

1st TeamDayton Indoor Time Trial

TeamDayton had their first of three indoor TT's today and all I can say is OUCH!!! That hurt!!!

The Computrainer is a pretty cool set-up. Each "race session" consist of 4 racers, that are not necessarily at the same fitness level. There is a large screen that displays the terrain and you can watch yours and the other racer progress.

I was racing in the same session as Pops, another guy in his category, and a young guy in the 19-29 category. I knew I would never be able to keep up with those guys and that would start to stress me out. So, to help me keep my focus, I decided to listen to one of my workout CDs (so I could "stay in my own little world").

My plan was...
(1) Don't start out too hard
(2) Push as hard as I can while keeping my heartrate under control and
(3) Don't worry about what the other racers are doing.

Needless to say, they were done long before I was! When they finished I was only at the halfway mark... UGH!!! I haven't seen the official results yet, but it's not going to be pretty. I think I finished in something like 29:07, but as I was "seeing sparkles" when I crossed the finish line, I'll have to wait for the results to be posted to be sure.

Looks like it's time to crank-up the training sessions!

As a side note, I had taken our camera along and asked a volunteer to take some pictures of us while we were racing -- he did, but I had forgotten to install the memory card into the camera- so no pictures today! Oh brother-- Blonde moment!


Update: My official time was 29:20

No comments: