Monday, November 12, 2007

Turning to..."Dust in the Wind"

After several days of yucky weather, we had a "good weather window" this afternoon. It had rained all day yesterday, and more is coming tonight, so when a window of opportunity opens, ya just gotta leap through it!

Now, when I say "good weather", I mean not raining (partly cloudy), and not freezing (in the 60s), but it was "oh my God" windy! Todays wind was from the southwest- sustained at 15mph, with gusts of 25mph. This made riding out (north) great-- but coming back (south) well... I'll go with "challenging". So, after spending 2 hours riding in the wind, my face and eyes feel so dry they will probably just turn to dust by morning. And, I'm afraid to look in the mirror for fear of seeing the crypt-keeper looking back at me. Yikes!!! But, I have to say, it was still great to be on my bike OUTSIDE!!

I think we are supposed to have more bad weather for the next several days, so it'll be back to basement for me - but that's okay- my new "boyfriend" Chris Carmichael and I already have a couple of workouts planned for me to do next week.

1 comment:

Dave said...

The best thing about dating Carmichael? Don's EXCITED about it!!