Thursday, August 30, 2007

John Bryan Fast Lap (Race 2) - DNF

It was bound to happen-- a race crash! Whoo-hoo- I'm in the club!

I was the lead off rider for my class and I hadn't been on the course 2 minutes when BAM, I'm down. I'm still not sure what happened. All I know is I was rounding a corner, then all of the sudden- I was on the ground.

When I came to my senses, I discovered that I was laying on my back, totally off the trail, with my left shin laying across a log that was bordering the trail. To add to my predicament, both feet were still clipped into the pedals and my bike was on top of me. Ouch! After struggling to get my feet un-clipped I was able to stand up. Once up, I immediately noticed that my shin was already swelling. While standing on the side of the trail watching my shin swell, I had a fleeting thought to get back on my bike and continue the race- but, I wisely decided to hobble back to the start/finish area for some ice.

While sitting at the start/finish area icing my leg (and waiting for Pops to finish) two more riders hobbled in with injuries. There was certainly some bad karma at JB last night!

Today, I'm just sore all over and my shin is bruised in the shape of the log. I've also I've got several bruises on my hip and butt and strangely enough on the inside of my leg (I think from the bike landing on me). But luckily, nothing was torn or broken - so that's good.

As my co-worker "Hopmaster Spanky J" pointed out... "Ya can't make an Omelet without cracking a few eggs". Well kids, breakfast is ready!!!

No comments: