Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bridges, ramps and trees - OH MY!

Today was intervention day....

Pops and I went out to ride the course in the direction we "think" they will use for the 6 hr race. I'm still having mental issues with the bridges and ramps. I know I can ride them- (I've rode every one out there!) but every time I approach a bridge or ramp my first instinct is to slam on breaks. I know this "problem" stems from my early mountain biking days when I attempted to ride across a bridge and ended up falling off the side and flipping over into some sticky nettles. My big mistake that day was not getting back on my bike and riding that damn bridge. Now, here I am today, fretting over obstacles that are out there to make the trail easier!

So, we worked on bridges...



ramps...






(and just to make things interesting) making 90 degree turns through tight trees.


This picture is a little deceiving. The trails comes up from the left, makes a 90 degree turn in between the trees, then goes right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear ya! Ever since my nasty, sudden stop at Thomson a month ago, I've been a bit more....shall we say HESITANT about that same downhill. Yeah, I've done it three times, but it's not been without some fear and trepidation. Bless Diana, for she is very patient with me. Also, the drop in to Dan's Bastard? It's getting nasty and I tried riding it last Monday and stopped half way down. The fall is not worth it.

You are going to be more than ready for Dauset, btw. Rumor has it that we go DOWN Pine Mountain. If that's true, well, thankyou Jesus!