Tuesday, February 12, 2008

2nd Indoor Time Trial Results

Last week, after the Team Training session, I was feeling quite frustrated with my training progress. I didn't feel as if I was making any progress despite faithfully following my training plan. And, I was afraid my results of the 2nd Indoor Time Trial would further discourage me. Well, I could not have been more wrong! I managed to beat my time from the first race by 5 minutes by finishing in 24:21! (1st TT time was 29:20)




My strategy for the race was this:

1. Keep my heart-rate within +/- 5 beats from my Ave Heart Rate
2. Keep my cadence between 80-90 RPM
3. Use the highest gear where I can maintain #1 and #2
4. Go with all out effort on the final climb to the finish line

Next on the agenda is the 1st Colavita TT (if they have it).. Right now, the weather is not promising - the latest weather report is calling for snow and/or freezing rain with a high of 25 degrees. Yuck! But, it may change!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Yay, Angie!! Congrats for doing so well.