Sunday, December 2, 2007

Training, hair, and paint - oh my!

Last Thursday, Pops and I attended our first indoor training session with the Team Dayton Race team. It was great fun! One of our team sponsors is a local gym, so they allow the team to have a training session each week in one of their classrooms. We bring our own bikes and trainers and the TD Training Coordinator leads everyone in a 2 hour training class. It's nice to get out of the basement and "ride" with other folks. And the best part is-- not even the fastest racer boy can "drop me" -- Whoo-hoo! I'm still planning to do my own basement training sessions on Tuesdays and weekends, but this will give me some variety.

My hair has really been bugging me lately. It's been flat and fly-away and I can't do a thing with it.

Old hair

So Saturday, I went to the beauty shop and got a body wave.

New Hair

I can't wash or style it until Monday (so the curl can "lock-in") so right now, I've got that 80s perm look going on.... but, I like it. I think it looks much better than what I had going on. Hopefully, after it "settles in", I will like it even more.

Several weeks ago, Pops and I decided we would tackle some home projects this winter when the weather was too bad to get out and ride. Today's weather was just that- BAD. It's been yucky, messy, rainy most of the day. So, while I stripped the wallpaper from the bathroom walls, pops tackled some painting.

Pops painting

We've got several more home projects to tackle, but I'm sure the weather over the next several month will allow us plenty of opportunity to get them done.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I like the perm and yay for body! I know of what you speak about flat and flyaway as my hair is babyfine and limp most of the time.

Nice color of paint.

Sarah S. said...

Hey there

I think the hair looks good! I know all about flat, fine no body hair! I had a body wave before I moved to GA...it will relax a little and then you can do some stuff with it!

I 'll try to give you a call this weekend...We are headed to a wedding in South Carolina...so I will have lots of time sitting at the air port!

talk to you soon

Dave said...

Hey babe, nice body!! Hey, the 80s are back in style, so you fit right in. Of course, the only wave in my hair is the "goodbye wave" as it disappears....