Sunday, January 25, 2009

Indoor TT #2

This week, it's the Tart's turn to do the happy dance!

My goal was finish this race in under 23 minutes...

Today's time..... Drum roll please....

22:59.8

I made it!! And had 2/10 of a second to spare! HA!!

OMG- that was tooooooo close!

Coming into that final climb- I was sure that I wasn't going to make it! The remaining yards to the finish was creeping down like frozen molasses while the time was whizzing by at warp speed. When I finally finished- I wasn't sure if I had made it (or not) because all I could see was "bubbles". But, I could hear Pops shouting something...he sounded like he was way off in the distance...I think he was saying...."You made it!!! You made your goal!!! Under 23!!!" Once I recovered (and could see and think again) it was great! The pain was over. And YES! I had made it!!!

This week's race strategy was a totally different from last weeks. Stay my big ring and crank a slightly slower cadence for the entire race except on the 3 main climbs where I could shift down to middle ring and spin a higher cadence to the top.

Also, for today's race I tried a new drink mix. "Cytosport's Fast Twitch". This stuff is pretty good! It tasted good and it probably helped me today!!


Reciting our "race mantra".... "Don't be a doily!".......


Hey- he's smilin'- is he working?